Pre-retirement training in the Public Service is provided for under Section J-e Paragraph 10 of the Uganda Public Service Standing Orders, 2021 for two major reasons:
- To enable public officers prepare and plan early for retirement;
- To assist retiring public officers to prepare for a return to life outside the public office with alternative life skills. confidence and without the fear of the unknown.
Failure to prepare public officers renders them vulnerable to the shocks associated with post-retirement life, mismanagement of retirement income, and in the worst-case scenario, living deplorable life in retirement besides a reduced lifespan.
This Ministry is privy to statistics that indicate that majority of retired public officers who engage in investment end up losing most of their investment capital
and living in destitution.
Bearing the above in mind, the Ministry of Public Service has planned a series of virtual pre-retirement training sessions for public officers left with 5 years to retire from the service.
The topics to be covered will include the following:
- Demystification of Retirement;
- The Exit Policy in the Public Service
- Retirement Planning
- Saving and Investment Options; and
- Will writing and estate administration.
The purpose of this message is to request you to mobilize all Public Officers aged 55 years, share the indicated zoom link and ensure they attend the scheduled training from 20th to 24th November 2022 for two hours each day.
Zoom Meeting Details:
Meeting ID: 92226729730
For any further inquiries on this matter, please contact;